Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for a Immunization Administration Certification
Current licenses will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on September 30, 2017. Immunization Certification is automatically renewed with your Pharmacist License Renewal.
All pharmacists with a 50 year qualification who have held an active Florida pharmacist license are fee exempt. All other renewal provisions must be met including continuing education.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status and a delinquent fee will be assessed in addition to the renewal fees. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
To receive an exemption from the renewal requirements, please provide a copy of your orders which provides the beginning and end date of your current enlistment or a copy of your spouse’s orders. If you are a Commissioned Officer, you may provide a letter from your commanding officer that reflects the length of your contract with a beginning and end date to fulfill this requirement.
At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record. You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
|You may RENEW ONLINE if:|
- You do not need to change the status of your license.
- You have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- Your license status is not ‘Military, Active’.
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates ’Clear/Active’ or ‘Clear/Inactive’ , you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was ‘Delinquent, Active’ or ‘Delinquent, Inactive’ before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to ‘Null and Void’ status after the renewal deadline and you should contact your board office for instruction.
|Instructions for Renew Online:|
- Click the “Renew Online” button above.
- Enter your user name and password
- Please note your user ID and password were mailed with your physical license.
- If you are having trouble accessing your account, please try the alternate login process, located at the bottom of the login screen.
- If you require further assistance, please contact the MQA Communication Center at 850-488-0595.
- Click “Renew License” from the column on the left hand side of the page.
After logging in to the renewal system, licensees will be prompted to answer a series of questions and required to provide certain information, if appropriate. The renewal process typically takes 10-15 minutes and licensees pay their renewal fee by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover when they are done.
|You may RENEW BY MAIL if:|
- You need to change the status of your license.
- You need to pay using a cashier’s check or money order.
- You do NOT have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- You need to request a name change
- Your license is in ‘Military, Active’ status.
|To Print Your Renewal Notice:|
- Click the “Renew Online” button above.
- Enter your user name and password
- Please note your user ID and password will be mailed with your renewal notification.
- If you do not know your user ID and password, select “Get Login Help?”
- Once you are properly logged in, you may print your renewal notice by selecting the Renew License link, then click on the Renew by Mail option
Information for requesting a Name Change
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request including your full name as it appears on your license, profession, license number, your new name, your date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and your signature. Attach supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- a copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- a divorce decree showing the name change
- a court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document. A social security card is not considered legal documentation.
Please Note: The last four digits of the SSN are requested as required by DOH Policy Number DOHP 385-LS05-12 Name Changes for Existing Licensees, which was established for security purposes due to past instances of fraudulent activity.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$205.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$205.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$205.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$275.00|
|Military Requesting Active||$205.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$305.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$330.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$305.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$400.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$205.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$230.00|
Licenses that expired September 30, 2011 will become Null & Void1 on October 1, 2013.
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Delinquent Active Renewing Active||$560.00|
|Delinquent Active Requesting Inactive||$555.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Renewing Inactive||$555.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Requesting Active||$630.00|
|Delinquent Active Requesting Retired||$410.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Requesting Retired||$405.00|
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Each pharmacist certified to administer a vaccine or epinephrine autoinjection under s. 465.189 must complete a 3-hour continuing education course, which shall be offered by a statewide professional association of physicians in this state accredited to provide educational activities designated for the American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award (AMA PRA) Category I credit, on the safe and effective administration of vaccines and epinephrine autoinjection as part of biennial relicensure or recertification. This course may be offered in a distance-learning format and must be included in the 30 hours of continuing professional pharmaceutical education.
This requirement is in addition to the Continuing Education requirements for Pharmacist license renewal found in the Pharmacist Continuing Education requirements.
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Codes
Rule 64B16-26.1003: Active License Renewal Fees
Rule 64B16-26.1004: Inactive License Election; Renewal; Fees
Rule 64B16-26.1005: Retired License Election; Renewal; Fees
Rule 64B16-26.102: Delinquent License Reversion; Reinstatement; Fees
Rule 64B16-26.103: Continuing Education Credits; Renewal