Current licenses will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on September 30, 2023.
All pharmacists with a 50-year qualification who have held an active Florida pharmacist license are fee exempt. Pharmacists with this distinction are still required to meet the current continuing education (CE) requirements prior to each licensure renewal.
All renewal provisions must be met to successfully renew your license. To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become clear and active or clear and inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at email@example.com to request your reactivation requirements.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed CE requirements – reported to CE Broker
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
To receive an exemption from the renewal requirements, please provide a copy of your orders which provides the beginning and end date of your current enlistment or a copy of your spouse’s orders. If you are a Commissioned Officer, you may provide a letter from your commanding officer that reflects the length of your contract with a beginning and end date to fulfill this requirement.
Public School Health Volunteer Exemption
If you volunteer your services in public schools for a minimum of 80 hours a year or if retired, at least 400 hours a year, you may be eligible for a waiver of your biennial renewal fee and some of the continuing education hours (no more than 25%) required for license renewal; however, the continuing education requirements for domestic violence, HIV and AIDS, and medical errors cannot be waived.
Option for Non-Renewal of License
- Retire – If you are not practicing in Florida and wish to place your license in “retired” status during the renewal period, you may do so online through the MQA Services Portal by submitting an application and paying a one-time $55 fee. The retired license will remain in a dormant state and can be reactivated by the licensee if needed.
- Voluntarily Relinquish – If you no longer wish to hold your license, you may request to voluntarily relinquish your license. Submit a formal request in writing to the Board. After the relinquishment of the license, the license number is discontinued and cannot be reactivated.
- Delinquent & Null/Void – If no action (renewal application and fees paid) is taken on your license prior to the expiration date, your license will be placed in “delinquent, active” state. After not renewing for two cycles, your license will be deemed null and void. Once a license is null and void, the license cannot be reactivated.
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
- You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates Clear/Active or Clear/Inactive, you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license is Delinquent/Active or Delinquent/Inactive you may still renew prior to the renewal deadline. The following actions must be taken prior to renewing your license:
- Prior to renewing your license, you must report your continuing education (CE) hours to the Department of Health’s tracking system.
- To renew a delinquent license, you will need to report your CE hours for your current cycle, as well as your previous cycle.
- If you did not complete CE courses in your last renewal cycle, you may complete them now and report them to the CE tracking system.
- To report course completion, log onto your MQA Online Account. From your dashboard, go to “Additional Activities” and select Report CE/CME.
Please note, when renewing your license, a delinquent fee will be assessed in addition to all applicable renewal fees.
- If your license was Delinquent/Active or Delinquent/Inactive before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to Null and Void status after the renewal deadline. You should contact your board office for further instruction.
- The process of renewing a license and receiving a printed license in the mail may take 7-10 business days. Initiating contact to confirm the receipt of fees or the status of your license prior to this time will not expedite the renewal process.
- A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
- If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the laws and rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
- Note: Do not submit certificates of completion of continuing education hours to the Florida Board of Nursing. Please report continuing education credits to the Department of Health through our CE tracking system at www.cebroker.com.
If you are renewing online and need to change your name, please follow these instructions prior to renewing your license:
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please log into your MQA Online Services Portal account to submit your request and enter your full name as it appears on your legal documentation. If you are submitting your request online, please attach/upload supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- A copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- A divorce decree showing the name change
- A court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
- A copy of a certificate of naturalization or H1B Employment Visa (Note: Foreign applicants and/or licensees may not have state issued documents)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document.
NOTE: Please allow 5-7 business days for your request to be processed. If you are requesting a name change outside of renewal and wish to receive a new license reflecting the name change, you must request a duplicate license and pay the $25.00 fee.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$205.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$205.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$205.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$275.00|
|Military Requesting Active||$205.00|
|Military Requesting Inactive||$205.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$305.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$305.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$305.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$400.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$180.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$180.00|
Licenses that expired September 30, 2021 will become Null & Void1 on September 30, 2023. If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Delinquent Active Renewing Active||$510.00|
|Delinquent Active Requesting Inactive||$510.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Renewing Inactive||$510.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Requesting Active||$580.00|
|Delinquent Active Requesting Retired||$360.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Requesting Retired||$360.00|
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|REQUIRED SUBJECT AREA||REQUIRED NUMBER OF HOURS||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
|General Hours||26||Can be ACPE or Board Approved; 10 of the 26 general hours must be live|
|Controlled Substances||2||Must be Board Approved|
|Medication errors||2||Must be Board Approved|
First Biennium Renewal:
- If you are renewing your license for the first time AND your initial renewal occurs 12 months or more after initial licensure date you are required to complete 15 (5 hours must be live) hours, including 2 hours of medication errors, 2 hours of controlled substances, and 1 hour in HIV/AIDS.
- If your initial renewal occurs less than 12 months from your initial licensure date you are required to complete 1 hour in HIV/AIDS, 2 hours of medication errors, and 2 hours of controlled substances.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Providers and courses approved by the Board of Pharmacy listed in CEBroker
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Medical Education per Biennium
- 5 hours for attendance at a Board of Pharmacy meeting (maximum per biennium is 10)
- 5 hours for serving as a Board of Pharmacy Board member (maximum per biennium is 10)
- Up to 5 for performance of volunteer services to the indigent as provided in Section 456.013(9) Post professional degree programs provided by accredited colleges or schools of pharmacy. Credit shall be awarded at the rate of 5 hours of continuing education credit per semester hour completed with the 24 months prior to the expiration date of the license
- Post-graduate studies, institutes, seminars, lectures, conferences, workshops, correspondence courses or other educational opportunities which advance the practice of the profession of pharmacy if approved by the Board. Courses must be submitted for approval 45 days in advance of the course date.
- For Pharmacists that are certified to immunize, you are required to complete a 3-hour course approved by a statewide association of physicians in the state. Approved courses are listed in CEBroker.
- Each pharmacist certified to administer a vaccine or epinephrine autoinjection under s. 465.189 must complete a 3-hour continuing education course, which shall be offered by a statewide professional association of physicians in this state accredited to provide educational activities designated for the American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award (AMA PRA) Category I credit, on the safe and effective administration of vaccines and epinephrine autoinjection as part of biennial relicensure or recertification. This course may be offered in a distance-learning format and must be included in the 30 hours of continuing professional pharmaceutical education.
- Please verify the course(s) you are attending are approved for Pharmacist and not Pharmacy Technicians. Pharmacist cannot receive credit for attending a course approved for Technicians. Courses approved for Pharmacist will have an ACPE-P approval number and courses approved for Technicians will have an ACPE-T approval number.
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View Florida Statute
Florida Administrative Code
Rule 64B16-26.1003: Active License Renewal Fees
Rule 64B16-26.1004: Inactive License Election; Renewal; Fees
Rule 64B16-26.1005: Retired License Election; Renewal; Fees
Rule 64B16-26.1021: Delinquent License Reversion; Reinstatement; Fees
Rule 64B16-26.103: Continuing Education Credits; Renewal