The Florida Board of Optometry has added the following Topical Ocular Pharmaceutical Agents to the formulary:
- Lidocaine hydrochloride ophthalmic gel or solution – 4.0%,
- Lissamine Green – 1.5 mg per strip,
- Rose Bengal – 1.3 mg per strip,
- phenol red thread,
- Schirmer test strips,
- hypromellose ophthalmic demulcent solution – 2.5%,
- acyclovir ophthalmic ointment – 3.0%, and
- hypochlorous acid – 0.02%.
Additional updates include nomenclature, concentration (alone or in combination), and removals.
The updated formulary is effective September 4, 2021 and is available on the Florida Administrative Code.