Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for a Consultant Pharmacist
Current licenses will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on December 31, 2020.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become clear and active or clear and inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your reactivation requirements.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
To receive an exemption from the renewal requirements, please provide a copy of your orders which provides the beginning and end date of your current enlistment or a copy of your spouse’s orders. If you are a Commissioned Officer, you may provide a letter from your commanding officer that reflects the length of your contract with a beginning and end date to fulfill this requirement.
- Go to flhealthsource.gov and click the ”Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the ”Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
- You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates Clear/Active or Clear/Inactive, you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was Delinquent/Active or Delinquent/Inactive before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to Null and Void status after the renewal deadline. You should contact your board office for further instruction.
- The process of renewing a license and receiving a printed license in the mail may take 7-10 business days. Initiating contact to confirm the receipt of fees or the status of your license prior to this time will not expedite the renewal process.
- A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
- If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the laws and rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
- Note: Do not submit certificates of completion of continuing education hours to the Florida Board of Nursing. Please report continuing education credits to the Department of Health through our CE tracking system at www.cebroker.com.
If you are renewing online and need to change your name, please follow these instructions prior to renewing your license:
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please log into your MQA Online Services Portal account to submit your request and enter your full name as it appears on your legal documentation. If you are submitting your request online, please attach/upload supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- A copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- A divorce decree showing the name change
- A court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
- A copy of a certificate of naturalization or H1B Employment Visa (Note: Foreign applicants and/or licensees may not have state issued documents)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document.
NOTE: Please allow 5-7 business days for your request to be processed. If you are requesting a name change outside of renewal and wish to receive a new license reflecting the name change, you must request a duplicate license and pay the $25.00 fee.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$105.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$105.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$105.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$130.00|
|Military Requesting Active||$105.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$205.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$230.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$205.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$255.00|
|Military Requesting Active||$105.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$180.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$180.00|
Licenses that expired December 31, 2018 will become Null & Void1 on January 1, 2021.
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Delinquent Active Renewing Active||$310.00|
|Delinquent Active Requesting Inactive||$310.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Renewing Inactive||$310.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Requesting Active||$335.00|
|Delinquent Active Requesting Retired||$260.00|
|Delinquent Inactive Requesting Retired||$260.00|
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|General Hours||24||Must Be Pharmacy Board Approved|
First Biennium Renewal: If you are renewing your license for the first time AND your initial renewal occurs 12 months or more after initial licensure date you are required to complete 12 hours. If your initial renewal occurs less than 12 months from your initial licensure date you are not required to complete continuing education.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Providers and courses approved by the Board of Pharmacy listed in CEBroker
- Approved Consultant Pharmacist hours cannot be used towards your 30 hours of Pharmacist continuing education unless you are not using those hours for a Consultant pharmacist license renewal.
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code