Current licenses will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on December 31, 2020.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become clear and active or clear and inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at email@example.com to request your reactivation requirements.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed CE requirements – reported to CE Broker
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
To receive an exemption from the renewal requirements, please provide a copy of your orders which provides the beginning and end date of your current enlistment or a copy of your spouse’s orders. If you are a Commissioned Officer, you may provide a letter from your commanding officer that reflects the length of your contract with a beginning and end date to fulfill this requirement.
Option for Non-Renewal of License
- Retire – If you are not practicing in Florida and wish to place your license in “retired” status during the renewal period, you may do so online through the MQA Services Portal by submitting an application and paying a one-time $55 fee. The retired license will remain in a dormant state and can be reactivated by the licensee if needed.
- Voluntarily Relinquish – If you no longer wish to hold your license, you may request to voluntarily relinquish your license. Submit a formal request in writing to the Board. After the relinquishment of the license, the license number is discontinued and cannot be reactivated.
- Delinquent & Null/Void – If no action (renewal application and fees paid) is taken on your license prior to the expiration date, your license will be placed in “delinquent, active” state. After not renewing for two cycles, your license will be deemed null and void. Once a license is null and void, the license cannot be reactivated.
- Go to flhealthsource.gov and click the ”Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the ”Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
- You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates Clear/Active or Clear/Inactive, you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was Delinquent/Active or Delinquent/Inactive before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to Null and Void status after the renewal deadline. You should contact your board office for further instruction.
- The process of renewing a license and receiving a printed license in the mail may take 7-10 business days. Initiating contact to confirm the receipt of fees or the status of your license prior to this time will not expedite the renewal process.
- A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
- If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the laws and rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
- Note: Do not submit certificates of completion of continuing education hours to the Florida Board of Nursing. Please report continuing education credits to the Department of Health through our CE tracking system at www.cebroker.com.
If you are renewing online and need to change your name, please follow these instructions prior to renewing your license:
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please log into your MQA Online Services Portal account to submit your request and enter your full name as it appears on your legal documentation. If you are submitting your request online, please attach/upload supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- A copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- A divorce decree showing the name change
- A court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
- A copy of a certificate of naturalization or H1B Employment Visa (Note: Foreign applicants and/or licensees may not have state issued documents)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document.
NOTE: Please allow 5-7 business days for your request to be processed. If you are requesting a name change outside of renewal and wish to receive a new license reflecting the name change, you must request a duplicate license and pay the $25.00 fee.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$55.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$55.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$55.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$105.00|
|Military Requesting Active||$55.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active Renewing Active||$80.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$105.00|
|Inactive Renewing Inactive||$80.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$155.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$80.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$80.00|
Licenses that expired on December 31, 2018 will become Null & Void1 on January 1, 2021.
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent your fees will be
|Active Renewing Active||$135.00|
|Active Requesting Inactive||$135.00|
|Inactive Requesting Inactive||$135.00|
|Inactive Requesting Active||$185.00|
|Active Requesting Retired||$110.00|
|Inactive Requesting Retired||$110.00|
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|REQUIRED SUBJECT AREA||REQUIRED NUMBER OF HOURS||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
|General Hours||18||General hours can be either ACPE or Board approved, 4 of the 20 must be live.|
|Medication Errors||2||Medication Errors Must be Board Approved|
|Human Trafficking||1||Each licensee or certificate holder shall complete a board-approved, 1 hour continuing education course on human trafficking. The course may be included in the total general hours required and must be completed by January 1, 2021. Required in accordance with Section 456.0341, Florida Statutes.*Note: The 1 hour of Human Trafficking is included in the required general hours.|
First Biennium Renewal: If you are renewing your license for the first time and the renewal occurs less than 12 months after the initial licensure date you are only required to complete 1 hour in HIV/AIDS and 2 medication errors. If your renewal occurs 12 months or more after your initial licensure date you are required to complete 9 (2 must be live) general hours of registered pharmacy technician continuing education, 1 hours HIV/AIDS and 2 medication errors.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved for Pharmacy Technician Education
- Providers and courses approved by the Board of Pharmacy listed in CEBroker for Pharmacy Technician Education
- Subjects which are taken at an accredited education institution and are specific to a Registered Pharmacy Technician program can be used for continuing education as pursuant to Rule 64B16-26.351, F.A.C.
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- 5 hours for attending an 8 hour meeting Board of Pharmacy
- Hours approved for Pharmacist Continuing Education is not approved for Pharmacist Technician Continuing Education
- When taking a continuing education course for Technicians please verify that it is approved for Technicians and not a Pharmacist approved course. An ACPT-T approval number is approved for Technicians.
- Please verify the course(s) you are attending are approved for Pharmacy Technicians and not Pharmacist. Pharmacy Technicians cannot receive credit for attending courses approved for Pharmacist. Courses approved for Pharmacy Technicians will have an ACPE-T approval number. Courses approved for Pharmacist will hae an ACPE-P approval number.