Applicant FAQs

Applicant FAQs

Expand allClose all

Where should I mail my application and fees?

Mail your application and fees to:

Department of Health
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330.

How can I get information on initial license requirements?

By visiting your board’€™s licensing page. Select your profession then click on Requirements.

Where should I call to check the status of my application?

The division’€™s call center at (850) 488-0595. We are open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. We’re closed on weekends and state holidays. You may email us at

After you receive my application, how long will it be before I get a response?

We will send you notification about the status of your application within 30 days after we receive it.

What criminal offenses may prevent me from obtaining a medical license?

You are required to report all criminal offenses to the Board. Each application will be evaluated on an individual basis. For more information on offenses that may prevent you from obtaining a medical license, see the links below: –Chapter 456, F.S.: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions – s. 766.301 through 766.316, F.S.: Medical malpractice and related matters

What type of documentation do I need to submit in support of my application if I have a prior criminal record or licensure discipline?

  • If you have a criminal record, you must submit certified official court documents related to your criminal record, showing the date(s) and circumstance(s) surrounding your arrest(s)/conviction(s), sections of the law violated, and disposition of the case(s). Documents would normally consist of a complaint or indictment, a judgment, a docket sheet, or other documents showing disposition of your case. Some courts refer to these documents as an order of probation. A court clerk must certify these court documents before we can accept them.
  • If you have received discipline against any license that you have held, you must submit certified copies of the documents related to the disciplinary action taken. The documents must come from the agency that took the disciplinary action and must be certified by that agency.

You must submit a detailed description of circumstances surrounding your criminal record or disciplinary action.

Do I have to report charges if I completed a period of probation and the charges were dismissed or closed?

Yes. Offenses must be reported to the board even if you received a suspended imposition of sentence and the record is now considered closed.

Can a person obtain a license if they have a misdemeanor or felony crime on their record?

Each application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The board considers the nature, severity, and recency of offenses, as well as rehabilitation and other factors. The board cannot make a determination for approval or denial of licensure without evaluating the entire application and supporting documentation.

What crimes or license discipline must be reported on the application?

All convictions, guilty pleas, and nolo contendere pleas must be reported, except for minor traffic violations not related to the use of drugs or alcohol. This includes misdemeanors, felonies, driving while intoxicated (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI). Crimes must be reported even if they are a suspended imposition of sentence. All prior disciplinary action against any other professional licenses must be reported, whether it occurred in Florida or another state or territory.

Can I be granted an extension on an application after it has expired?

Section 456.013(1)(a), Florida Statutes does not allow for an extension. An incomplete application is only valid for one year.

How long will it take for my license to be issued?

Your license number will be issued within five to seven business days once your licensure application has been approved. Please allow ample time for mail delivery to receive your printed copy.

Do I have to send all of the supporting documents for my application to the Board at the same time?

We encourage you to send as much information as possible to help expedite the licensure process.

Where should I send the supporting documents for my application?

Please mail all required supporting documents directly to the Board Office. Please visit the Contact page for the Board’s mailing address.

Do I have to be a licensed pharmacist to take the 20 hour initial Immunization Certification course?

If the course is taken as coursework at any time in a college of Pharmacy, it will be accepted by the Board office.

Can I register for the NAPLEX® and MPJE® prior to graduation?

You may submit your registration prior to graduating, but the board will not confirm your eligibility until you meet all graduation requirements.

Can my score transfer to more than one state?

Yes, if the new state will accept a score transferred from another state, you may score transfer to more than one state. Please contact the state that you are seeking a score transfer to for information. Also, refer to the NAPLEX®/MPJE® Registration Bulletin for details regarding the score transfer program.

I registered online and received a confirmation number from NABPA®. Can I use this confirmation number to schedule an appointment?

No, the confirmation number is only used as proof of completing the online registration process. You will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) identification number (via regular mail) from Thomson Prometric upon eligibility approval from the board.

When will I get the ATT?

You should receive your ATT within 45 days from the date you mail your application, if the application is complete and you have submitted the registration forms and fees to NABP®.

How long is the ATT good for?

One (1) year from the date of receipt of the application. If you are a licensure transfer candidate, you must test before your official application expires. Please contact the board to determine if additional restrictions apply.

How do I get an extension on my ATT?

Candidates are given a one-year eligibility period to schedule and take the examination. Requests for eligibility extensions will not be granted. If your eligibility expires, you must submit a new registration form and fees.

How long does it take to be approved for the licensure examination?

Florida Statues allow the board office 30 days to provide a letter regarding the status of the application, however our office will process your application within 7-14 business days and notify you of any deficiencies.

Can I work as a pharmacist while I am waiting for approval to take the exams?

No, however you may work as a licensed intern. You must apply to the board office for a Florida intern license if you do not currently have one. Please refer to our Licensing and Registration page for details on how to apply for a Pharmacy Intern license.

Where can I take the licensure examination?

Both parts of the exam are computerized and can be taken in your state. Exams are offered everyday of the year with the exception of holidays and Sundays. You may schedule an appointment at any testing location.

How long do I have after I submit my application to take the licensure examination?

You have one (1) year after the date your application is received by the board to complete all licensure requirements. If you do not complete all licensure requirements within one (1) year, the application will expire and you must reapply.

What should I do if I fail the exam?

Once an Authorization to Test (ATT) is granted, it is valid for one (1) year from the date our office received your application. You may reapply through the National Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) website as many times as necessary without submitting a duplicative payment or application to the Board office within that one (1) year timeframe. Should you not pass the examination(s) within the one-year timeframe, you would need to submit a
new application and the application fee of $100 to the Board office.

Please note that pursuant to NABP policy, the waiting period is 45 days between attempts for the NAPLEX and 30 days between attempts for the MPJE.

To retake the NAPLEX and MPJE examinations, candidates must begin the application process again through the NABP, not Florida Board of Pharmacy, website. This process includes paying the application and examination fees to the NABP.

Eligibility must be reconfirmed by the Florida Board of Pharmacy and candidates must adhere to the NABP established waiting periods.

How can I find out if I passed my exam(s)?

According to Chapter 456, Florida Statutes, results may not be given by telephone for any reason. Results can be viewed online  or

How do I complete bulk renewals and pay invoices using an other payer code?

Employers who elect to use the Other Payer Code will be required to log-on to MQA€™s secure on-line services ( website to approve and submit payment. The employer will be able to deselect applicants who are not eligible to use their Other Payer Code€™. Then the employer will be prompt to a Credit Card payment screen where they can pay by using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.

How do I submit and pay the application fee using an Other Payer Code?

Applicants must obtain the other payer code from their employer. This code can be used on the application as a payment option.

How do I obtain an Other Payer Code?

Interested employers will need to register with the Florida Board of Pharmacy by providing, in letter format, their Business Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number and Federal ID Number. In addition, we will need a Contact person and email address. Please indicate if you require more than one payment code, or a code expiration date and sign the letter indicating that all of the provided information is true and correct.

Please mail this letter to:

Florida Board of Pharmacy
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Bin # C-04
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3254

Once the employer is registered, the Florida Board of Pharmacy will mail a notification letter including the payment code and instructions on how to submit payment for employees who applied for a Pharmacy Technician Registration. The employer will need to provide their Other Payer Code to employees prior to them applying.

What is an Other Payer Code?

An Other Payer Code is an option given to employers to pay for their employee’€™s registration and renewal fees. This method of payment is only available for Registered Pharmacy Technician payments.

What are the requirements for Immunization Certification?

Complete requirements can be found on our licensing page along with the Immunization Administration Certification Application. Pharmacists must hold a Florida pharmacist license that is active and in good standing.

  • Must successfully complete an immunization administration certification program of no fewer than 20 hours, approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
  • Must enter into a protocol under a supervisory practitioner who is a physician licensed under chapter 458 or chapter 459, F.S.
  • Must maintain at least $200,000 of professional liability insurance.

How do I add Immunization Certification to my license?

An Immunization Administration Certification Application must be submitted in order to administer vaccines. The requirements for this certification can be found on our Licensing page.

How do I obtain a 50 year pharmacist license?

If you have been licensed in Florida for 50 years the qualification is automatically added to your license. The Board staff adds this qualification in June of each year. If you have been licensed in Florida for 50 years and do not see this qualification on your license you must submit a written request to our office. Once the request is received it will be verified and added if the qualifications are met.

Can I check the status of my application online?

If this feature is currently available for your profession, you may check the status of your application in real time via our Online Services. You will need your User ID and password in order to log in. If you lose your User ID and password, you can log in alternatively using the ‘Get Login Help?‘  link located below the login fields. Additional assistance can be found by contacting Licensure Support Services at (850) 488-0595.